>my two cents is that it's a fair amount of initial hassle but once you
>have it building it becomes trivial to svn update and rebuild. I do not
>recommend doing this on a Windows system because it's such a bad OS for
>this type of environment, but it can be done there too. Linux and OSX
>are much easier IMO.

Hmmm, maybe I'll stick to downloading and installing infrequently then ;-)
Only got Windows here at the moment.

I don't envisage using SqueezePlay much - only if I want synchronised playback
with other physical players around the house.  But as I actually have more
players than rooms now, I can just use a proper player next to the desktop PC
anyway.