frank1969;459866 Wrote:
> Yes, I know - but it takes up to 8 - 12 hours every day, only for adding
> 1 oder 2 artworks. That's not useful. Why can't the scanner look up for
> artwork even in "old" folders?
It can't do it because of the way the scanner has been designed. This
is being addressed in future developments.

frank1969;459866 Wrote:
> I think this can't be true:
> The only (or at least) main reason to buy a duet/controller is the
> colour display - this took me about 100 EUR. After buying you get told,
> you can only use the color display if you're able to do a 12 hour update
> every time you added some artwork - so you can use your sc only ever 2nd
> day!
Oh come on, thats quite an exaggeration. The controller is perfectly
usable without album art.

frank1969;459866 Wrote:
> Someone compared this - in the headphone jack-thread - to buying a car:
> You buy a car, and after buying you get told, you can drive with it only
> every 2nd day for it has to get a complicated sort of re-fueling every
> day that tooks 12 hours... everyone would return this car to the seller!
It might be 12 hours on your system, but it's 29 minutes 56 seconds for
22,276 tracks on my system.

How about scanning once a week to add the artwork? Or do all the adding
in a batch instead of 1 or 2 at a time? Not idea I know, but at the
moment you will need to work around the scanning limitations until they
are sorted out.

--
funkstar

my collection:
*1*x squeezebox radio
*1*x squeezebox touch
*1*x squeezebox boom
*2*x controller, *1*x receiver
*2*x sb3 (sliver/black), *1*x sb2 wired (silver)
*1*x sb (black), *1*x slimp3 (with rear shield)

interested in any others if you have them!