ChrisOwens;449221 Wrote:
> Holding down volume-up while putting the battery in (or pressing power
> from an off state) should return your unit to the previous (working,
> presumably) firmware version.
>
> Just to be sure, you're pressing and holding down the volume-up button
> before inserting the battery?  I usually wait to let the button up until
> I see the 'Free Your Music' screen and that always works for me.

Wow. Thanks Chris, I've been trying to find a solution that works for
hours until I saw your post.

--
firedog

Tranquil PC fanless server running SqueezeCenter; SB Duet through
Empirical Audio Pace Car; TACT 2.2XP; MF X-150,Sonus Faber Concerto;
Mirage MS-12 sub; Dual 506 + Ortofon 20 (occasional use); sometimes use
PC with M-Audio 192 as digital source. SB Boom in bedroom. Arcam CD82
which I don't use anymore, even though it's a very good player.