This is the age-old bug of the web ui controlling the wrong player.  It
happens quite often for me.  The problem isn't server-side, so
restarting the server will be of no help.  It's all in the browser, so
you'd be better off closing the browser and relaunching it.

One thing I've found is that when you see the problem, make sure the
Settings window/tab is not open.  The Settings window interacts somehow
with the main window and the player chosen in Settings is often the only
one that can be controlled in the browse window.  It's not exclusively
the cause, as it still happens without Settings open, but does seems to
make it worse.

--
JJZolx

Jim