On Nov 2, 2009, at 7:51 PM, Teus de Jong wrote:

> Thank you Phil, I didn't find this new info yet (just switched to
> 7.5.x). Here's what it says:
>
> Tag version: FLAC, ID3v2.3.0
>
> Album: Dylan 2007
> AllPictures: ...
> Artist: Bob Dylan
> Comm: [0, eng,, Trackx] === what's this?

An ID3v2 comment tag.

> Date: 3007
> Discnumber: 1/3
> Genre: Rock
> Replay gain tags
> TALB: Dylan [Disc 1] === where does this come from? MP3Tag in Extended
> view doesn't show this.
> TCON: Rock === idem
> TDRC: 2007 === idem
> TENC: Exact Audio Copy (Secure Mode) === idem
> TIT2: Song to Woody Guthrie === idem
> Title: Song to Woody Guthrie
> TPE: Bob Dylan === idem
> Tracknumber: 01
> Tracktotal: 10

The 4-letter tags are ID3 tags.

> My conclusion:
> 1. It is related to the things discussed in the other thread.
> 2. Only read the FLAC tags. (And why does MP3Tag not show the other
> tags?)
> 3. The tags MP3Tag doesn't show (like TALB) are in contradiction with
> the FLAC tags (Album)

MP3Tag doesn't show ID3 tags in FLAC files.  I also really hate how
MP3tag renames the tags it shows you in Extended Tags instead of the
native ID3 frame name, that's just even more confusing and makes it
hard to know what you are actually viewing/editing.

> 3. Don't mess with this, it worked perfectly.

I fixed a bug today that should fix your problem, the FLAC Album tag
will now win out over the ID3 TALB tag.  Nevertheless, you should
remove your bad ID3 tags as this may confuse other apps in the future.