Firstly, I believe Phil and TheMule! are talking about different
products, boom vs. radio respectively.

Phil, it's that initial "nothing" case that really worries me. Boom
still relies on a server-side fallback when the stream doesn't work, and
then will fallback to a client-side tone when the server is not
connected. From what you report it sounds like your radio stream has not
been reliably connected to, and in the case of the fallback alarm
sounding the Boom worked as designed. However, that first behavior needs
fixing regardless. If you can reproduce this with player.alarmclock set
to debug, that would probably be the best information to gather.

TheMule!, I'd like to get more information. What firmware version is
reported in Settings->Advanced->Diagnostics? Are you connecting to
mysb.com or a local SBS? If SBS, are you fully up-to-date on the server
side? The behavior you are reporting is consistent with the state of
things a week or two ago with 7.4.2 firmware, but not now.

#!/ben

--
bklaas

Logitech Developer:
Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter
Community Developer: Nokia770Skin

http://www.last.fm/user/bklaas/
'KHAAAN!' (http://khaaan.com/)...'BUNNIES!'
(http://home.pacbell.net/bettychu/2003allbreedbisris/BIS.html)