frank1969;515447 Wrote:

> 7.5 mysql embedded update scan:
> scans about 90 - 120 min. saying "discovering files" - progress says
> it's scanning 170.000 files (though there are "only" 160.000)
> then it starts to add - and the PC hangs so I even can chose the task
> manager and have to turn power off (tried with different versions)

Yes, I've noticed that too. Actually, I mentioned it in a thread
hereabouts: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=74700

My conclusion was that this apparent lock-up is due to a big "JOIN
tracks ON" SQL statement that is very inefficient in MySQL.

frank1969;515447 Wrote:

> So, what's about embedded and windows xp...?

The embedded version is still undergoing heavy development, and the
MySQL support is a much lower priority than getting the SQLite version
running smoothly, since efficient SQLite scanning will be needed for
launch of the SB Touch. The slow speed you noted with SQLite is getting
quite a bit of attention from AndyG as far as I can tell from the
changes being checked into SVN.

--
dsdreamer