I usually come here to complain about something that's not working. But
over the last few weeks I've been noticing that the builds have been
very stable and they haven't caused me any problems or issues.

I've also noticed that performance seems to have been improved. The web
interface seems more responsive and even in machines that are not the
most powerful. It's a really good sign. I don't notice as much of a
difference between my completely on RAMDisk/Core i7 (4.1GHz) system vs.
running it on 5400RPM HDD/Core Duo Laptop at 1.6GHz as I did before.

The one thing I do wonder about is why the web interface needs to read
the actual music files when generating the album view with album art. I
have my entire cached art in RAMDisk as well my entire Album Art folder.
I have set SBS 7.5 to read the album art from that folder. I don't see
why it needs to read the actual files. I see the read accesses in Win 7
Resource Monitor. It tells you which files are getting read/written to.
Maybe there is something I'm missing.

Also I've noticed that even on my overclocked to 4.1GHz Core i7 machine
the limiting factor in web page generation is still the CPU. I see one
core of my virtual 8 cores get pegged to the full 12.5% which reads as
13% in the Win 7 task manager and it stays there for about a second or
two while the album page loads.

But it seems faster on all hardware than before, but I'm curious as to
what I can do to improve performance at this point. It might be overkill
but I built that machine primarily to be as fast as possible running
SBS.

What can I do to make SBS respond lightning fast? Also I love the Web
Interface more than the SB remote or iPeng. Overall with Trackstat and
MusicIP there is no easier way to control your music and playlists. I
hope it stays in the SB Touch. But I suppose I will always run the full
server on one of my machines anyway.

--
sxr71