sadly i am seeing the same issue as first post, only it's line 171 where
it all goes haywire...
took me a while to identify the probelm
tried uninstalling and reinstalling 7.5 etc
i have two 1gb external harddrives. one as back up. music folder is top
level then alphabetical by group/artist. v contains various artists with
perhaps another 3 levels of folders. been like  this for years. backup
is a direct copy of other music collection. no links/shortcuts in use
at all. f drive (main ext hd) which is pointed at in settings, gives
deep recursion problem. g drive back up does not, but like i said is a
direct copy of f drive? difference is that f is firewire and g is usb1
hence the prefernce to use f.
currently running chkdsk on f (and using notebook as a result) all
music files are tagged...
what is going wrong please?
:(
sig is wrong now as over 41000 songs...

--
ANZAC

*ANZAC*

Sorry, but I am not "shouting" my name, it's an acronym!
http://www.anzacday.org.au/spirit/spirit.html

Homebase: SqeezeBox Duet (hybrid); Dell 8400; WD 1TB ExHD (2); Yamaha
AX396; Apart SVC4; JBL Control One (5 pairs) 79 core speaker wire...

Mobile: Cowon iAudio D2 16GB DAB; Shure SE420 SI Earphones; BodyGuard
iAudio Armadillo Leather Case!

Tracks: 39,450; Albums: 3,235; Artists: 3,135; Genres: 224; *Playing
Time: 2579 hours & 28 min! (> 107 days worth of tunes!)*