OK some more things figured out.

Reebooting works just fine it still shows the alarm bell at start-up.

Root cause for missing alarm was trackstat refresh at startup, with the
current amount of tracks , my server took 10min and 16 secs to be
responsive.

But there is still some weirdness .

1. No backupp alarm

2. After alarm failure the boom seems to forget the alarm shedule, even
if it has an alarm the next day.

3. There is no bell symbol showing on the boom, but I have an alarm 2
scheduled for tomorrow.

If I set alarm 1 for mon > sat and apply I get an bell symbol on the
booms screen .
If a make a change to alarm 2 or 3 and apply I get no bell symbol at
the boom, something is wrong when you have multiple alarms sheduled.

Tried to remove all alarms and then reschedule everything.
No difference. Another thing the checkbox for the when sheduling
another alarm looks weird ?

*So, to summarize current alarm behavior in 7.6 :

If an alarm fails the next alarm is forgotten, by the boom, have to set
it again.

You don't always get the backup sound with boom .

You can only schedule one alarm, multiple alarms seems broken*

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this