Erland,

Thanks for testing. I assume you patched your system before running the tests?
Your results seem to pretty much reflect my experience.

> - Most compilation albums failed, I'm not sure if this is because most
> of my compilation albums are only released in Sweden or if it's some
> generic problem with compilation albums.

Compilations are a problem and always will be. Last.fm often assigns them to
the "Various Artists" artist (non-localized, eg. not "Diverse Interpreten"),
with no link to track artists etc. I'd recommend not to buy compilations :-)

> - There are a few albums that got an alternative album cover, probably
> because the international version of the album might have a different
> cover than the version released in Sweden.

Yeah, that's another observation I did as well.

> - There are a few albums without a cover that seems to have special
> image instead, you should probably not use these as album covers if
> possible, for example:
> http://www.last.fm/music/Tommy+K%C3%B6rberg/Stilla+Natt

Unfortunately this artwork doesn't have a unique URL, but it's returned as the
individual album's artwork. Thus there's no way I could filter it out.

> - I had one album where it got the wrong cover, it got this one:
> http://www.last.fm/music/Mainstreet+of+Sweden/Love+And+Play
> But should have got this one:
> http://www.last.fm/music/Mainstreet+of+Sweden/Mainstreet

Could you please give me the exact tag information of one of these tracks? I'm
very interested in false matches. The "algorithm" might still need some tweaks.
Eg. should similar album names by the same artist be prefered over similar
artist name for the same album etc.

> Overall I have to say that it worked pretty good. Assuming your
> retrieval code works correctly I don't think there is any point of
> going to a higher resolution than 500x500. Most of my albums besides
> big releases from famous artists were retrived in 300x300 or 160x160
> resolution, presumably because there isn't any higher resolution image
> on LastFM.

While I agree on most of them being at 300x300 or lower, there are a few really
big ones. In my tests it downloaded some 4-5MB monsters, png and jpg at
>1500x1500. That's the only reason why I introduced the resizing at all. It
took too long to download them.

--

Michael