sebp;566401 Wrote:

> FYI, most of the 7.6 performance issues I had with my NV+ (horrible
> stuttering and unresponsiveness) went away with disabling the automatic
> rescan option.

I have noted ,at least with a small linux box that all the "new"
Scanning versions do break playback, this was not the case with for
example 7.3 or even maybe some early 7.4 .

But now "Scan for new and changed" always kills playback (hogs 100%
cpu) at the artwork phase of the scan, stays dead for a couple of
minutes then resumes.

I can imagine even smaller machines getting playback problems all the
way trough a rescan for new and changed.

Wonder how a really fast machine reacts to a "scan for new and changed"
in 7.6 .
I mean Andy has tried to make scanning fast and effective, downside
would be that it keeps the cpu busy for a while .
Just wishing that "scan for new and changed" could be done "in the
background" with lower priority if you get me.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this