Thats plausible , I had turned of the automatic scan , for similar
reasons .
If you for example starts edit tags in the library.

And mostly because the scan in 7.6 hogs a lot of cpu, it is fast, for a
reason. I've noticed it even earlier around the first time SQlite scan
was atempted , the more effective the scan gets the more likely it is
to interrupt music. On my rather small server scanning for new and
changed always get everything to stop around the artwork scan .
So listen while scanning in new albums is no longer an option at least
on my not so fast machine.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this