Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me troubleshoot why my new
squeezeplay installation which will not play through the local player.
I select Settings->Advanced->Beta->Play Audio; however when I go to
Choose-Player, I can only choose remote players.

The version of squeezeplay I am running is:
Squeezeplay 7.5.1 r9138 which was downloaded from svn and built on
ubuntu 10.04 following the instructions on JF Home's "Compiling
SqueezePlay on linux (Ubuntu AMD64)"

I do not have Pulse Audio installed; so that was not an issue.

I have turned up the log levels and I have pasted the relevant
"warning" below. I get this error message as soon as I select:
Settings->Advanced->Beta->Play Audio

20100930 16:25:45.708 WARN   squeezeplay.ui.draw -
jiveL_dispatch_event:774 error in event function:
        /opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/jive/net/SlimProto.lua:327: assertion
failed!
stack traceback:
        [C 0x8116b20]: in function 'assert'
        /opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/jive/net/SlimProto.lua:327: in function
</opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/jive/net/SlimProto.lua:323>
        (tail call): ?
        ...opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/jive/slim/LocalPlayer.lua:81: in
function <...opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/jive/slim/LocalPlayer.lua:78>
        (tail call): ?
        ...eplay/share/jive/applets/Playback/Pl

I dont see anything else in the logs that looks related.

Any help would be appreciated as I am about to give up (which is too
bad because I had squeezeplay working on this box about a year ago
without issue).

Thanks,

jshoor