>When I save a named playlist with SbS it
>is simply so that I can use it again later from within SbS. I guess, if
>this really is a problem then it will have to be resolved.

If that were the case, there would be no need to save playlists to files.  But
as SBS does save playlists to files (so they can be restored following a clean
+ rescan), it's probably safest to assume that the files created should be in a
compatible format.

NB. Favorites are also persisted to disk (OPML file), rather than DB - could
there be any content in there that wouldn't be right?