Philip Meyer;595929 Wrote:

> SBS should have been modified to run SQLite without breaking MySQL, or
> at least making it easy to return to it if SQLite didn't work well.
> When the work was started, I thought it was more of an experiment to
> see if SQLite could be made to work.  Why not hedge bets and write it
> so that any DB engine could be integrated at ease.

I think we can blame the vision of the new schema and multi library
support for most of this. Due to this vision, they started to take
advantage of the fact that SQLite was an embedded file based database
and not an out of process server based database. The actual SQL is very
similar in MySQL and SQLite as long as you don't use SQLite or MySQL
specific functions. I use some specific functions in my plugins but I
don't think this is the case in in the standard SBS code.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))