Regarding: Fixed bug 10324, don't merge artists or genres unless they
have the exact same name.

I think I understand the rationale for doing this with contributors.
And I see that Phil requested that this fix be applied to genres as
well.  Unfortunately, this breaks some of my PostScan sql massaging of
genre names.  I've been depending on the fact that tracks were tied to
genres via namesearch.  Now, by tying via name, I'm getting a
proliferation of duplicate genre entries after 'scan for new'.

Am I right in thinking that it would be the proverbial snow ball's
chance in hell to get the old behavior back via an option?

--
gharris999