Phil Leigh;614112 Wrote:
> Any attempt to totally remove MusicIP integration will result in howls
> of protest. I'd rather you deprecated all manner of useless cr@p - like
> facebook, iTunes (all we ever do is tell people to turn it off!)...
>
> I think I've made my point.

I believe awy isn't really suggesting to remove MusicIP integration
completely, he just suggested that it might be better if third party
developers maintained and distributed it.

So the question is really if the community would complain a lot if it
was maintained by third party developers instead of Logitech.
Installing a third party plugin distributed by third parties isn't more
advanced than installing an App bundled with SBS.

Assuming, some third party developers would be willing to maintain
MusicIP integration, I have a feeling we would get a lot more features
than if Logitech maintains it. How much added features have you got in
the MusicIP integration during the last years from Logitech ?

Just to be clear, I'm not planning to take over MusicIP plugin myself,
at least not alone, but maybe a group of third party developers could
maintain it together ?

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))