Philip Meyer;614288 Wrote:
> >  - Skins. Only the Default and Classic skins have been ported. Many
> >    other skins derive from EN, much have which has been ported where
> >    Classic depends upon it, but no testing has been carried out with
> >    other skins. My preference would be for all skins other than
> >    Default and Classic to be removed from the core and be made
> >    available as third-party plugins, if a suitable maintainer would
> >    step forward..
> >
> I think it would be wise to support Default and Handheld; is there much
> demand for Classic these days?  Handheld may still be used for various
> handheld devices, eg. PDA's, mobile phones, etc - quite plain and
> simple (and fast) anyway?

I use Classic because it's a lot faster than the Default skin. However,
I can agree that if Logitech only should support two skins it might be
better to support Handheld to get some kind of built-in support for
PDA's and mobile phones. The only problem is that I think Handheld
currently inherits from Classic, so if they want to support Handheld
they probably also need to support Classic or merge these two skins
into a single Handheld skin.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))