cvj;614964 Wrote:
> I have a large number of 96/24 Flac encoded files, which I stream to my
> SB3.
>
> How exactly does SOX work? Does it simply strip every other "bit" or is
> there something more sophisticated going on "under the hood" in the
> SBS?
>
> Sorry for asking but I am not that technical :-)

I guess you meant "every other sample" :-)

I'm not sure we can explain exactly how SOX works if you aren't that
technical...

you can read this:
http://leute.server.de/wilde/resample.html#DownSampling

or you can just be assured that SOX does a very very good job of
downsampling (and indeed upsampling).

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF
x-dacv3/x-10/x-psu(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner,
Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber 8TC Speaker &
Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.