I upgraded from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 RC. Only problem was that after
restarting slimserver my server became unresponsible, but it went away
after a minute or so.

Initiated a complete database rescan which went well.

I was wondering why it's still using mysql because I though 7.5.4 will
switch to sqlite. But I don't care to be honest.

Only negative thing I noticed: server.log is still spitting out this
ugly error message all the time:

[11-03-26 13:27:44.2779] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning:
[13:27:44.2770] Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
/home/seb/squeezeboxserver-7.5.4-32150-powerpc-linux/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm
line 569.

This message has been with me for a while already and we are friends
now. But I wonder how hard it is to initialize that value? It's asking
for it so badly.

By the way the reason I'm upgrading is that I'm hoping this will
finally make the SB radio alarm work more often (now nine out of ten
times I get fallback mp3). I'm not giving up hope logitech will get
that right some day. Despite the total ignorance of my offering to help
debug #16663.

Sebastian

--
cran