On the one hand, sounds very intriguing, and a welcome sign that the one
high tech purchase that ended up with huge WAF (wife acceptance factor)
will have a continued life is great to hear. On the other hand, while a
name change does not faze me - the notion of losing the 'slim' portion
of decoding may. One of the beauties of the Squeezebox ecosystem has
been its ability to live within modest hardware and power. Depending on
the codecs that you will be supporting, bandwidth will matter (good
thing I have ethernet drops by my TVs), and the codecs supported on
each end will matter, and differentiation from other media servers.
Looking forward to see what emerges.

--
stoobie-doo