nicolas75;639014 Wrote:

> Testing TinySBS for only a few hours make this absolutely obvious.

I completely agree and if I remember correctly it was mentioned many
times during the TinySBS beta testing before the Touch release, but
unfortunately Logitech wanted to stick to the automatic solution which
didn't require any manual operation.

nicolas75;639014 Wrote:

> I like squeezeboxes a lot, but they seriously lacks non geek approach
> in their user interface.
> I has improved with 7.6, but in my opinion, it is still far from being
> good.

I completely agree.

But I suppose you realize that a non geek approach would result in
automatic scanning since the need to do a manual scanning by itself is
geeky. My parents doesn't want to manually select to scan the hard
drive they just want to plugin the drive and start playing the music on
it.

Before you object, yes I agree that it currently doesn't work like that
on the Touch, mainly due to performance issues.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))