Just a quick thanks,

I'm admittedly a new FreeBSD user (started with 8) but i've build a few
boxes being used for different tasks, and never had any real problems
(very nice OS!). But trying to get Squeezeboxserver to play nice with
FreeBSD was beyond me. I've tried different SBS versions (7.5.3 up) and
different hardware (i386/amd64) for FreeBSD. Struggled with MySQL and
Perl versions but even my best result still gave lots of errors,
usually while scanning. I won't even mention how many hours work went
into this ...

But... using this tarball seems to have solved all my problems! I was
up and running within half an hour. Duhh...

Thanks again,

Richard

--
NeverSimple