andyg;657421 Wrote:
> What does the URL look like when you view properties on one of the FLAC
> items?
>
> I get a blue "i" icon which is a bit strange ("This file is of an
> unrecognized type..."), and a URL like this in properties:
> http://192.168.100.22:9000/music/193/download.aif?WMContentFeatures=DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000&WMHME=1

I have also been getting the blue "i" in WMP with recent LMS builds.
This was not the case with r33402. The UPnP plugin was not working for
a while then everything worked with r33402 as I reported it here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=656820&postcount=364 then
a separate branch with UPnP fixes and new functionality was merged with
r33402 and it broke a couple things.

I understand that the LMS Plugin and Whitebear are different
implementations of the DLNA server. When I use the UPnP plugin and WMP
I can play MP3 files in my library, but I can not play trancoded FLAC
files as I can with Whitebear. I get the blue "i" icon as mentioned
above. With the Revue I can navigate the library and also play MP3
files, but when I try to play transcoded flac with the Revue LMS
crashes. I can see flac.exe and lame.exe being called by SqueezeSrv.exe
process then the process dies.

What I have found is that with Whitebear... WMP works fine except with
tracks with foreign characters. Albums and artists with foreign names
are found, but tracks with foreign characters are not listed. I can
also use WMP with Whitebear to play transcoded flac, something I can
not do with the LMS UPnP Plugin.

Using the Revue with Whitebear or with the LMS Plugin I found no issues
with tracks with foreign characters or with playing videos.

The pictures on this post are of WMP and the Revue using the UPnP
plugin. The pictures in the next post are of WMP and the Revue using
Whitebear. Note that when using the Revue there is a blue "speaker"
icon that indicates that the track is playing. You'll see no such icon
in the Revue when the track fails to play. I also show pictures the Now
Playing screen of the Revue with the error message I get when using the
plugin and with the progress bar when I use Whitebear. Btw, when using
Whitebear the Revue displays the full Album cover in the Now Playing
screen. but only for a second.

|Filename: RevueLMS2.jpg                                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12481|

tamanaco