MrSinatra;657629 Wrote:
> > erland Wrote:
> > Originally Posted by erland View Post
> > Before you get too excited, make sure to at least try it before they
> > release it so you can give Logitech feedback before the release
> > regarding things you think must be included to make it good.
> >
> > My feeling, as someone who as tried it, is that it's not as
> > revolutionary as you make it sound.
> >
> > Don't get be wrong, if LMS would be an open source server which is
> > extensible with third party add-ons, I'll be very excited too, but from
> > what I've heard so far there isn't any way for third parties to expose
> > things through the UPnP server so we are more or less stuck with what
> > Logitech provides. Still, maybe a 7.8 or 8.0 release could add the
> > missing parts and make it really good.
> > > >
> file a bug/enh req...  lets get votes racked up for that starting
> now!
Filing an enhancement request is not worth the effort, as long as
Logitech doesn't prioritize API's for third party add-ons it's not
going to work. When they start to actually focus on making it possible
to extend their product through third party add-ons I'll get interested
in spending some effort on it.

The API's for non UPnP stuff is pretty good, it's just sad to see that
they don't offer similar API's when adding the UPnP server, after all
they did the "onebrowser" stuff to make one browser API which was
extensible and then they add UPnP which doesn't use it and due to this
doesn't offer any extensibility.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.