mherger;657847 Wrote:
> > Thanks for coming back. I am now on 33442 with the paths corrected
> and
> > it looks like my 35000 pics will be done in about 7 hours. I'll
> report
> > back full scan times tomorrow morning when it's all done
>
> What kind of hardware are you using? This sounds wrong: on my MacBook
>
> scanning 7500 images takes about 30mins. It'll be interesting testing
> this
> on my poor Via C3/1GHz with my full 15k+ photo collection...
>
> --
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

this is all on my Windows Home Server (HP EX-490). Its a 2.2GHz Celeron
with 2GB RAM. Who collection is around 120GB, I guess the average photo
is shot with a 6MP camera.

I wouldn't be so worried about the initial scan if I could actually get
it to finish. I have had multiple times when the scanner has quit
unexpectedly or it's just hung on a (very standard) photo.

CW

--
Chunkywizard

*Squeezebox:* Boom x2 (Lounge and Office), Radio (with battery)
*Server:* 7.6.1 for Windows Home Server (HP EX-490 MediaSmart Server)
*Plugins:* Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen
| Custom Scan | TrackStat | Album Review | Biography
*Remote:* iPod Touch Gen. 1/iPad running 'iPeng'
(http://penguinlovesmusic.de/2008/11/25/ipeng-application-now-on-app-store/)
*Music: *'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/chunkywizard)