Mnyb;660163 Wrote:
> it will be released the 3rd regardless of conseqences, even if put's
> your cat on fire or is hasardouz to small children, it's decided
> acording to some shedule.....

Michael/Andy, in case you haven't already done so, could you please
make sure someone makes sure your support staff is ready this time ?
Maybe just maintaining and handling a troubleshooting guide or
something similar as we did in the community during the 7.6.0 chaos.
Last time I had vacation and could help a bit but this time this isn't
the case, I'm currently fully occupied with my day work and with my own
plugins/applets on evenings and nights, so I'm afraid I won't be able to
support users at similar level as the 7.6.0 release.

My feeling is that as long as you only use LMS for music it's
reasonably good, I haven't switched my own production setup but my
feeling is that the music related parts are fairly stable, probably at
similar level as latest 7.6.2 nightly.

However, video and photos just doesn't work good, both from a
stability, performance and usability perspective, at least not for me.
So since the main reason for this release seems to make the Revue so
much better I wonder if that's really going to be the result with the
current usability, performance and stability issues. It's hard to point
at specific issues because to me it feels like the main problem is that
no one has really given any thoughts regarding which kind of video and
photo libraries this is going to be used with and how it's going to be
used.

Since the music part works reasonably good, I think it's going to be a
different chaos than last time, it's this time going to be focused on
people who don't get it to work with videos and photos and there is
probably less interest and experience among our community members to
help and support users in this area. Based on my own experience I also
think there are going to be a lot of support issues related to the
client side where the server works but it's not possible to view the
images/video on your favorite UPnP client (which might be something
else than a Revue).

Is the client issues also going to be handled by the Logitech support
staff or will they only offer client side support for users using the
Revue, so anyone else is left to solve their problems by themselves ?

It should be said that I'm only using Linux and network drives and a
photo/video library where I haven't modified any tags manually, just
using what's set by the camera, so maybe it works a lot better for
everyone else using the suddenly preferred Windows platform with a
local hard drive and carefully manually tagged video and photo library.
I'm just a bit worried that no one is really stressing the video and
photo functionality enough since most community members probably is
mostly interested in the music part.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.