tamanaco;660724 Wrote:
> My understanding is that the next firmware release for the Revue will
> allow it to install Android apps from the market. Likely, apps from a
> GoogleTV specific section of the Android market. Given that the Revue
> hardware is Intel based, could it be possible for Logitech or for some
> 3rd party to develop Squeezeplay-like application that supports
> slimproto? (of course, if they license slimproto from Logitech) Or for
> Logitech itself to port Squeezeplay for Windows to run on Android so
> that it can be used on the Revue? Am I dreaming here again?

It's not clear yet, whether the final version of Android running on the
GoogleTV will support native Apps like SqueezePlayer.
The leaked version wasn't able to and a test a month ago with the help
from someone from Logitech also hasn't been succesfull :(

It's the inbuilt audio decoders in SqueezePlayer that for performance
reasons are written in native code (i.e. C and not Java) and don't work
right now on Intel platforms (GoogleTV being the only official Intel
platform for Android right now anyway).

Google provides an official development kit for the Intel architecture
in the meantime and SqueezePlayer compiles fine with it. Whether the
final version of Revue will take advantage of it ... well - we have to
wait and see.

--
bluegaspode

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)