I am trying to get the UPnP Plugin running on Solaris. With an unchanged
UPD.pm I get an error message as follows:

>  Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::UDP::mcast_add (47) Error: While
> adding multicast membership, UPnP may not work properly: Option not
> supported by protocol
> Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::UDP::mcast_send (55) Error: While
> setting multicast IF: Option not supported by protocol
> Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::UDP::mcast_send (63) Error: While
> setting multicast TTL: Option not supported by protocol

After some digging I found out that I have to add constants for the OS.

The constants needed should be given inside the netinet/in.h header
file. In the case of solaris these are:

0x11 for IP_MULTICAST_TTL
0x13 for IP_ADD_MEMBER_SHIP
0x12 for IP_MULTICAST_IF

I added these constants as follows:

my %constants = (
        'MSWin32' => [10,12,9],
        'cygwin'  => [3,5,2],
        'darwin'  => [10,12,9],
        'freebsd' => [10,12,9],
        'solaris' => [11,13,10],
        'default' => [33,35,32],
);

Whith these changes the Media Server shows up for a short time an dies
with the error message:

>  Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::UDP::mcast_send (63) Error: While
> setting multicast TTL: Invalid Argument

Can anybody help me how to fix this issue. It seems that I hardly got
it working. But now I need some information by someone more into
programming...

--
chincheta0815