Michael Herger wrote:
> > I can't recall how it appears, but on occasion using the CP also
> > displays RED text warning something about admin mode.
> > On a small netbook screen this also makes the CP panel too big and
> the
> > bottom section is off-screen.
>
> <snip>... you'd need to run the
> control panel as admin, not the tray icon.
>
> --
>
> Michael

That's exactly what I do.

Create a shortcut to LMS Control Panel on the desktop and set it's
properties that to run as admin - use that to run LMS CP instead of
trying to run from the system tray. Also set the startup options in LMS
CP to run the WebUI on double click - that way it acts as a permanent
reminder to run LMS CP from the desktop shortcut.

UAC will still ask permission to run CP but the only way around that is
to turn UAC off!

Works for me.

Bob