JJZolx wrote:
> My main interests include better (additional) library browsing methods.
>
> I'd like to see slightly better support for classical music.
>
> - Browse Composers
> - Support for the ComposerSort tagging field
>
> I would also like to see much of the compilation album confusion done
> away with once and for all. I'm pretty sure that this could be done just
> by having two browse modes and eliminating several prefs.
>
> - Browse Album Artists
> - Browse Artists
>
> The latter would include all artists, including trackartists from both
> compilations and non-compilations. Everybody. Not sure about the
> application of the "Composer, Band and Orchestra in Artists".

I (sorta) like this idea. But it would require me to use mp3tag to batch
create Album Artist tag fields for all my compilations.

Without rehashing the 1000s!! of posts on the issue of compilations and
AlbumArtist, it would take some adjustment on my side. I'm one of the
folks that leaves Album Artist empty for compilations (but does set the
compilation tag to a value of 1).  This way I don't see any "various
artists" listing in my artist listing. I use settings to tell it to
group my compilations together and label it "Compilations".  This
category shows up at the top of my artist listing and contains all my
compilations. The only time I use Album Artist for a compilation is if I
want it to show up under a specific artist (i.e., I put AA=Bob Dylan on
a Bob Dylan tribute album even though Bob Dylan is not on that album...i
just want it to show up under Bob Dylan in ARTIST.   But again, I like
the idea of browsing either A or AA and I could adjust tags accordingly.

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify