mherger wrote:
> > Tried to run a new and changed scan, things have gotten worse,
> although
> > the webgui shows the first part of the scan is running I don't think
> the
> > scanner is even launched anymore, it's not showing in Task manager.
> Had
> > to kill Squeeze~3.exe.
> > Nothing at all new added to the scanner log.
>
> Don't get me wrong, but I'm having a hard time believing this. If the
> scanner doesn't start, then you won't get _any_ progress information in
> the information page. If there was progress information, then something
> must be in the log files. And why would you have to kill the server
> instance anyway?
>
> Are you sure you aren't killing tasks just because you'd expect them to
> have finished but they haven't? Please give them some time. It's
> important to know whether something is taking too long, or whether it
> really has crashed or is hanging.
>
> And there must be some trace somewhere. Did you try to run the scanner
> from the command line? Did you disable all the 3rd party plugins, then
> re-enable them one-by-one to see when trouble starts?
>
> --
>
> Michael

Michael

I've disabled all 3rd party plugins, this has NOT helped, so pointless
re-enabling them one by one.

No further progress in webgui after 40secs, been like this over
10minutes, the scanner is not showing in Task manager, Squeeze~3.EXE is
at 25% all fans blowing.

OK, it's finally stopped after 14 mins, and shows library statistics,
this is not normal behaviour!

I repeat there is nothing in the scanner log for this new and changed
scan.

How do I run a new and changed from a command line?

Remember clear and rescan works no problem at all and gives me a scanner
log as long as your arm.

I repeat there is nothing whatsoever in the scanner log for this latest
new and changed scan which took 14 mins to complete, when it usually
takes 1 minute.

Does someone else want to help debug this?

Thanks

kidstypike
1xSB3 - 1xBoom - 1x(Squeezebox) Radio - 2xTouch