A new and changed scan is now completely fubar. It takes the CPU to 50%
(on a dual CPU system) and LMS becomes totally unresponsive. It doesn't
look like it will recover. Normally, a new and changed scan runs in
about 60-65 seconds and it's been running for about 5 minutes.

Ok, now you're at the same point as the other two guys reporting this yesterday. It will recover. But it seems to take "forever".

As you've only just run a full wipe & rescan: do you have exact steps how to reproduce this issue? Did you restart LMS between scans etc.?

I've been testing with a 100k library and have not seen this problem yet :-(. Could you please share your library.db file with me?

--

Michael