>It's not a matter of "trying to be smart", which you imply is trying to
>interpret the data as something that it may not be. It's a matter of
>trying understand the data you're working with.
>
I agree.

I consider the best case being that all songs have all tags, and the scanner 
can quickly process this as it knows what the album artist is and whether it is 
a compilation as it is instructed to do this.  Scanner can perhaps be optimised 
to expect this situation first, for best performance.  But if not present, the 
content of Album Artist and Compilation can be implied from the track tags that 
are present.

At the moment it only sets Album Artist if there are different track artists, 
but perhaps could tweak this logic to set Album Artist contributor roles for 
every album.

The one case that I think you missed is if there are album artist tags set for 
songs on an album, but not the same values on each one.  I'm not sure what the 
end result is, and don't really care, as the application shouldn't need to deal 
with it.  In defense of Michael, this can be put down to bad tagging and would 
be the responsibility of the user to fix.
_______________________________________________
beta mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/mailman/listinfo/beta

Reply via email to