As this feature is a new one that's not yet reached maturity there's 2
ways of using it. I presume a view will be taken eventually on which way
works better or they might be merged.

1st way, go to additional browse modes in player settings and tick the
files and folders option. This adds another option to Tue my music menu
and browses the file system starting at the root.

2nd way, as above add a media folder but leave all types untucked. This
shows at the bottom of the usual browse music folder menu item but in
square brackets. On my Linux server I've added /mnt as a media folder
and see [mnt] at the bottom.

Both options seem to work independently.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk