I take a look at the task manager from windows and see that the
squeezebox process alocate right now 900MB RAM. I don't want address a
problem. Its pretty fine but "Better is the enemy of good - Voltaire"

Heh... 900MB? Wow... I get concerned when mine is using > 200MB :-).

Letting LMS use more memory doesn't automagically improve performance. I'm pretty sure the main DB wouldn't use more memory than what it's using now. Most likely it's keeping all memory it can in RAM already.

But there are other places where we could make use of more memory. But that would require some extensive profiling, testing and development.

BTW: how do you attach the NAS drive on your Windows box? SMB?

--

Michael