>Just wanting to get some clarification re what's supposed to be shown
>album wise when browsing Genres - I was expecting to see only
>albumartists and their albums, but it looks like composers are included
>as well - is this deliberate (surely not)?

My understanding was that the option to either have a single configurable list
of artists, or two fixed lists for Album Artists and All Artists only applies
to the Browse Artists list.  Other ways of browsing the library would not be
changing (so should return the same content they have always displayed).

However, this doesn't seem to be the case; for me it if I select "use single
configurable list of artists", when I browse genre, I get a list of artists
that have albums, not all artists (as I have the option to "Group compilation
albums together").  If I select "Two artist lists", I see all artists for the
chosen genre (i.e. all artists on compilation albums that are in the chosen
genre).

So if you like the "two artist lists" option, it means you can't configure how
many artists get displayed when browsing genres, years, etc.

I don't know if the intention is for the "use one or two artist lists" option
to remain indefinitely; I think that was just a fall-back whilst the new
mechanism was on trial.  However, I do like the configurability that was
offered for the older mechanism for this kind of reason.

So we should probably think about how we would like the final implementation to
work?

It seems to me that the option for "one" or "two" lists is not really necessary
- could have one list that is configurable and this would be used when browsing
a genre or year, and any amount of additional lists using Additional Browse
Modes.