defaults: The domain/default pair of (kCFPreferencesAnyApplication,
AppleLocale) does not exist
system_profiler: platformPluginDictionary: Can't get X86PlatformPlugin,
return value 0

Yeah, that's a cosmetic issue with an OSX command line tool we're using to discover architecture etc. The warning is new in Yosemite, but shouldn't hurt functionality.

Strangely if I reinstall I don't have to go through the Security &
Privacy pane anymore, it just installs(!?)

If you're using a signed installer, then you shouldn't have any problem. Official releases are signed, nightly builds are not.

(Restarting computer and fixing privileges now…)

Please try to run slimserver.pl manually, too (outlined in some other thread).

Michael