PasTim wrote:
> I use Erland's plugins, particularly  CustomBrowse and CustomScan, being
> essential for me to manage and play classical music (I need extra tags).
> Unfortunately the rescan time for CustomScan is several hours.  My
> understanding is that he tried to speed this up by integrating the
> CustomScan scan with the LMS scan but was not able to do so 100%
> reliably.

I too make extensive use of these plugins from Erland, especially WORK,
WORKSORT etc.  Do you think the rescan time for CustomScan has got
longer recently?  I am adding albums all the time and generally set LMS
to scan every day (in the small hours of the morning).  The main scan is
very quick but as you say, the CustomScan takes hours.

I have long since known that the words 'No matching songs, albums or
artists were found' result from the CustomScan not finished running but
the scan time nowadays is such that I might need to restrict a full scan
to once a week rather than once a day.