While waiting for Michael repair and release it in next nigthly built,
I'm doing some more test on Virtual Libraries and Enhanced (or
additional) browse modes.

My configuration i like that:

n. virtual libraries, defined in a plugin similar to the demo one using
queries based on the url in tracks table, just replicating the first
level of my phisical folder structure.

Then, in ABM (Additional Browse Mode) I defined six filters for each
Library, based on artists and each for a specific role (It will not end
up like that, is just a trial to well understand how it really works),
like COMPOSER, CONDUCTOR,...TRACKARTIST.

Don't  think has effect, but my Music settings are like that:

Use single, configurable list for Artist.

and

Composer, Director and Band in Artist.

This end up with some number of 'buttons' in UI, named like:

Classica: Composers
Classica: Directors
Jazz: Album Artists
Jazz: Track Artists
Rock: Bands
Rock: Artists

I've got six more button acting on a specific role but on the full
library:

All: Composeres
All: TrackArtists

First step of browsing act as I espected, some initial difficult to
understand what's the specific meaning of artist here, but ok.

Selecting in any list an artistName (use this in order to not make
confusion with artist), you get a list of albums where the artist name
is involved by the specific role, just as it should.

Selecting an Album, You get ONLY the tracks by the specific composer,
this not depending upon the preference in Music to group or not
compilations. I think this is at least arguable, I'll preffer to see the
entire Album, better use the preference to determinate it.

playing the album enqueue just the displayed tracks.

If you then select a track from the album details in Browse (or in the
currrent playlist) it shows up correctly.

Here thinks start to go wrong:

1. Cliking the album form the track, you get the album "empty" (no
tracks), and You could not 'play' it.
2. Clicking any artist name in any role, you get an empty browse.
3. Same for genre and years.

Same happen selecting artistNames or album form the tracks in the
current playlist (when added this way).

Never tried withoud Virtual libraries, maybe is a 'normal' behaivour of
ABM, in that case you could just forget this post, move it or consider
it for ABM Matter.

Marco.