And another edge case...
Favorites.
If you add stuff to favorites and this is not part of a certain library,
it will still be shown even with the library filter on, at least for
tracks and albums and intermediate levels for artists (didn't try
genres).

So, if

- there are tracks in favorites which are not part of the active
  library, they will still be shown and can be played.
- there are albums in favorites which are not part of the active
  library, they will still be shown and can be played. They can also be
  opened and the tracks will show and can be played.
- there are artists in favorites which have albums which are not part
  of the active library, these albums will be shown when the artist is
  being opened from favorites. However, these albums can not be played
  and if they are opened, they are empty.

Now, while I think all of this is wrong and they should be filtered,
there is some specific aspect to be considered.... If I add something to
favorites from an additional browse mode which is not part of the
library (a "children's music" album, for example), _should_ that be
shown?
I think no because

- there is no logic I could think of that would determine how to tell
  apart items that should or should not be shown by such a logic.
- the idea of the additional browse modes overriding the library was
  to _only_ override it in these specific menus, Favorites, however, is
  outside these specific menus.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*