Just a minor interface detail, which I'm sure has been this way forever,
but when I was looking for the directory with the plugins so I could
install the fix for the recent BBC changes, I found the info screen in
7.9 (Windows 7) looking like this:

Cache Folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Squeezebox\Cache

Preferences Folder
C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs

Plugin Folders
C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Slim\Plugin, C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins,
C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Plugins

Helper Applications Folder
C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread,
C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin

The Cache and Preferences folder locations use the long file name
structure, but Plugin and Helper show the old 8-character versions. It
would be better if these could be expanded too.