JJZolx wrote:
> This happened a couple of major revisions ago, but names stored in the
> database are now case and character-sensitive. That is, -André Previn-
> is not equal to -Andre Previn-, as it used to be. Could your problem be
> a result of that?
Thanks, but that's not the problem.  The issue is that as an
AlbumArtist, André Previn has a perfectly good AlbumArtistSort tag, but
LMS isn't using it.

I think LMS is either finding André Previn as a Conductor first during
the scan and never noticing the AlbumArtistSort tag later, or else it's
finding him as a Conductor last and then overwriting the perfectly
correct namesort attribute with the unsorted Conductor tag.

I'm not bothered by the lack of ConductorSort processing in LMS (I
manage this using the Custom Scan plugin).  What I do want, if possible,
is For LMS to respect the tags that it does know about, particularly
AlbumArtistSort and ArtistSort.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay (control
point) to same renderers & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, and a spare, but don't use.