This thread's gone kind of quiet, but wanted to pipe in to say that I
JUST got LMS 7.9 with DSD support working, and it is AWESOME. The fact
that I can get native support of DSF files and also stream Tidal music
puts LMS up there with solutions like the Auralic Aries IMO. And for a
LOT less money.

In my particular case I'm running it on an ARM based Cubox-i running
Arch Linux. So no DSD plugin available, since it's ARM - which is fine.
Just meant that I had to get a DAC that supported DSD over PCM (DoP). My
Cubox-i is headless, so I downloaded the latest version of Squeezelite,
and start it with the "-D" option for native DSD support. With the right
source material, what LMS passes on comes out of my DAC sounding
glorious.

Should you have a similar set-up (ARM device, Arch Linux), it's worth
passing on my newbie observations on the obstacles to getting this
working.  Our sorely missed Triode set up some great 'Squeeze on
ArchLinux SOA tools'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101624-Announce-Squeeze-on-Arch-developer-version)
which - for me and others lately - invariably result in an error from
using the current 5.22 version of Perl. I tried lots of ways around
that, and ultimately gave up. For ARM Arch Linux users, that looks like
we've either got to wait for Triode to return to straighten that out, or
for SlimServer to be compatible with Perl 5.22. As write this I see that
an update to "'logitechmediaserver 7.9.0.arch1-1'
(https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/logitechmediaserver/)" was posted
yesterday. So maybe that's been fixed. Give it a shot...

Once I figured that out I switched to the plain old,
create-the-makefile-myself method. But that ran into the problem of the
"--asroot" option being removed from the current version of pacman. Were
I not a Linux lightweight, that might not have been a big deal. But I
found it insurmountable... until I located a backup copy of an old
LMS/Squeezelite image that had an older version of pacman that I could
revert to. In my case it was as simple as running "# pacman -U
/var/cache/pacman/pkg/pacman-4.1.2-6-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz" to revert to the
older package. After that the LMS makepkg (as root) was smooth sailing.

Hope that helps. :-)