I don't know when this started, but I just realized that if I have two
albums with exact same title they are treated in Touch as one album.

Are you sure this is new behaviour? I'd say it's been the same for a long time. This would only happen for multi-disc albums: in this case we must group them together, as many users use a structure like album/discX/track Y for them.

Files are located in their different folders but they have same title
and also all the files/songs have equal names. Earlier these albums are
treated as separate albums.

Could it be you're doing this with a multi-disc album for the first time?

--

Michael