For what it's worth and maybe not related I've been having cover art
issues too.  Mine started when I recently updated a VortexBox running
2,3 and "Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.0 - 1395395852 @ Fri Apr 18
13:29:51 EDT 2014".  I'm using AMX touch screens and it works on the
older touchscreens an iThings but not the newer touchscreens or iThing.
Anything that goes through LMS doesn't work on the newer screens but
images pulled from the web for Pandora or Flickr do, images for spotify
or music stored locally don't appear.

Maybe it's an HTTP 1.1 vs HTTP 1.0 issue, I thought for sure it was an
issue with the new AMX touchscreens, maybe using a strict http protocol
and no backwards compatibility but I really have no clue at this point.

In the AMX debug I get:

Code:
--------------------

  VTG 06/18 20:40:35.39 [1132262496] (vtg.graphic/debug) TcpRequest:penServer
openServer FAILURE - retrying
  VTG 06/18 20:40:35.39 [1132262496] (vtg.graphic/debug)
TcpRequest::establishTCPConnection host=[192.168.1.47] port=[9000],
interface=[eth0]
  VTG 06/18 20:40:35.39 [1132262496] (vtg.graphic/debug)
TcpRequest::establishTCPConnection Not binding to preferred interface due to
PHAL policy
  VTG 06/18 20:40:35.39 [1132262496] (vtg.network/debug)
SetupNetwork::setDeviceIP: Convert it 192.168.1.47 final[192.168.1.47]

--------------------

>From AMX TS I got when I ask WTF PHAL was:

Code:
--------------------

  PHAL is an acronym for Panel Hardware Abstraction Layer. It's an internal AMX
term so you won't find it with google (until now maybe). The message is more of
a red herring in your case. You are using a Modero X panel which only has one
network interface (Ethernet), as opposed to other G4 products that have
multiple network interfaces (e.g. MVP-9000i which has Wifi and Ethernet if
docked). The "Not binding to preferred interface" message should probably read
"Not required to bind to a preferred interface" which basically states the TCP
connection could be made by any network interface that exists, in this case the
lone Ethernet i/f.

  From the preceding log, it appears the connection to the server
192.168.1.47:9000 failed, and that would seem like a server issue. If that is
the connection for the media server, maybe the new SW rev of the media server
changed the connection properties. Can't really tell more than that.

I tried getting info from the LMS debug log but nothing relevant
appeared, maybe I was using the wrong debug sections.  Using wireshark
and the LMS artwork url works fine with http 1.1 request from a brwoser
but I don't have a switch handy that I can config a diagnostic port to
see traffic between the LMS and my non updating touchscreen.

What setting should I try to debug on LMS so I can see why the client
can't connect.