cdmackay wrote:
> on a related note, don't forget that you can do a "scan for new stuff"
> (or similar) which, on my system, only takes a minute or two. I normally
> do that manually when I add stuff, then have full rebuild scheduled for
> the early hours.

Similar here I add stuff do new and changed .

But some users of dB heavy plugins like the ones Erland provides have
much longer rescan times . And full text search and if you use to plugin
to get additional artwork , you can have rather long rescan times .

And actually with kudos to Michael . I rarely find the need to do
complete rescans anymore , in the past it was a fix all when the library
started to look weird , but my system works fine and I have only done
partial scans for the whole of 2015 and possible longer ? I did it with
the initial SmartMix realease , to get my lib matched to echoesnest. And
I add content every week .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )