kllngtme wrote:
> Which play option were you using? I haven't been able to get a good
> success out of this. I have most of my library tagged pretty well too as
> far as the genre. It goes all over the place with song mix(limited to
> current genre). If I'm playing jazz the don't stop feature seems to add
> every type of genre to the playlist, not just jazz. It'll be going from
> Miles Davis to Slipknot to Norah Jones to Run DMC. haha

I have it set to Song Mix (limited to current genres). My collection is
almost exclusively FLAC full CD images with associated cuesheets. I use
delimited multi-genre tagging, so (for instance) Diana Krall is tagged
REM GENRE "Jazz;Jazz-Vocal;Jazz-Vocal, Women". (The category "Jazz" is
left over from when I started tagging. It's still there even though I've
concluded that it covers too much ground to be useful.) Not sure if
Don't Stop The Music is somehow taking this into account. It didn't seem
to go into the crazy end of my jazz collection, but it also didn't seem
to stick only to music that matched all tags for the original playlist,
which was relatively mellow vocal jazz. It certainly didn't dredge up
Motorhead or Underworld or Tafelmusik or the Tallis Scholars. (My
collection goes all over the place ;).)