mherger wrote:
> > Because you led me down the rabbit hole.  :)
>
> I still don't see why LMS on pCP should check for noCPAN if you were to
>
> provide your own packages. We'd have to build tcz packages and include
> them in the update check instead to make this work, wouldn't we?
>
> FWIW: I'd be willing to look into building those files for you with all
>
> the others. Those build systems don't do anything else. They're not too
>
> busy... Are all scripts etc. committed in your repository?
>
> --
>
> Michael

I use the noCPAN tarball, as I keep all of the binaries in a separate
extension, and it was easier for me to script the re-packing of the tcz
from the no cpan tarball, than it was for me to automate building
distributing the tcz.  (At the time I did this, I wasn't part of the pCP
team......and didn't have access to a repo for others to grab nightlies
from)

Starting with the noCpan tarball, I add the files that are contained
here https://github.com/paul-1/lms-update-script

The Update script
1) Updates itself from github
2) Grabs the update link the LMS saves via Update.pm.  Then Downloads
the noCPAN tarball
3) Downloads the other LMS customizations and init.d files from github
4) updates all of the permissions
5) Repacks the extension

If you were to build the tcz from the LMS build system.  Some minor
changes to the LMS customizations would be needed.  The update script
would get much smaller.  At this point, the only file likely to ever
change was the init.d script.  Not sure how we could coordinate this.